simian.interface simian.interface

Thanks for being really creative and executing it perfectly!

Pipe It Again Pipe It Again

Thanks!

It wasn't so challenging that I wanted to stop, but wasn't too easy that I got bored. Played to the end. Good work.

Number Ninjas Number Ninjas

I like the concept.

But the execution is lacking.

1. Order of operations. If you're going to multiply, you have to consider order of operations. Either you can alter the equation in the top left to show the "current" number, or you can recalculate the player's number using the order of operations and go from there.

2. Music. Monotonous. Never-ending. Short loop.

3. Controls. They weren't horrible. Moving the character was fine, but throwing something was frustrating. Often times it would land on top of an enemy and not kill him. Also, the juxtaposition of the zoom and fire buttons confused me a couple of times. For some reason, I wanted to jump with z.

4. Notification. Let the player know when they've messed up. Remembering to hit "R" after you've incorrectly moved through a level isn't high priority.

Not bad, overall. I still love the concept. I just wish that the core mechanic of the game was a little more developed. If the mechanic was perfect but the headband didn't wave in the wind, the game would have more value. I guess I'm trying to say that too much time was spent on minor details and not enough time was spent perfecting the core concept.

Reimagine :The Game: Reimagine :The Game:

Congratulations!

You've sold out!

The first one was great. It was thoughtful and required some intelligence to get the jokes. (I admit, I didn't get all of them.)

This tripe is bottom of the barrel. It's internet pop culture nonsense packaged in a pretty Flash box, with a humorless bow on top. Good luck with your career. I can tell you're going to go far. Unfortunately, it's for all the wrong reasons.

Slaughterhouse-Five Slaughterhouse-Five

Thanks

Thanks for this. It brought back fond memories of reading the book for the first time in a single sitting. I recall closing the back cover and thinking, "What did I just read?"

The art is well done. I like the idea that you have to seek out pieces of a puzzle to progress through the story. I'd say if you guys kept at it and explored the myriad little stories throughout the novel that this game could become very complex.

You did a fantastic job with what time you had.

Box Dodge Fury Box Dodge Fury

alright

Nice art, minus the stick man. The controls were lack luster, the gameplay was too shallow. It's a mini-game, which is perfect for online games. Still, it could use some tweaking on the programming side and a teensy bit more effort on the art side. The stick man sticks out. He doesn't belong with the nice boxes and stylish explosions. His movement is very precise, but in a bad way. Could have been smooth and precise at the same time. Also, the incredibly long jumps make no sense when the gaps are only half that wide.

You could move away from mini-game status by adding simple things like powerups (a shield, umbrella, nuclear bomb?) Perhaps some terrain variation would make it more interesting. Maybe even add a little sidekick that you have to guide through the boxes as well. Bonus points for sidekick survival time or something.

So many simple things could be added to make this more than just a mini-game. Still, 7/10 for doing a pretty good job.

Sheepy. Sheepy.

Excellent!

Great job. You turned the most boring thing into a challenge! The subtracting caught me off guard and really made the game fun. The end-of-round bonus/anti-bonus thing made it a bit more challenging as well. Great job!

Coil Coil

Maybe...

I might be the only person this happened to, but level 3 was impossible. On one side of the screen my little egg fetus thing would go completely off, and on the other side it would become stuck about half way while 5 bacteria things gangbanged me all the way back to the surface. Really, just poor programming on the developer's part. That problem alone totally destroyed the game for me. It showed a lack of consistency.

Cloud Soldier Cloud Soldier

I mostly like it.

There are really only a few things that stand out to me as being bad. First and foremost, the graphics throughout the game are inconsistent. The smoke from the plane's engine could have easily been made to look like the rest of the game, instead of 50% alpha ovals. Even better, you could have made it look very similar to the clouds, and made it only send a single puff out every so often. The cutscenes also kind-of lacked the clean, pretty look of the rest of the game. They looked thrown together, while the in-game graphics (during the action) looked very well produced.

The sound was top-notch. Loved the music during the menu. The planes had good engine sounds, and the explosions weren't overly loud.

The depth of the game seemed very static. Some planes would fly in the foreground, some in the background, but never did it look random, which would not have been hard to do.

And a final note on the gameplay, the controls seemed very static and even lame. It would have been nice to have a better "feel" to them. Such as, the plane could have rotated a tiny bit when moving up or down, and the controls could have been more momentum-oriented.

Other than that, the game was great. It wasn't too hard, but not too easy, and the graphics were VERY nice. The atmosphere created by everything really felt good. Good job!

Just keep in mind the little details, they would have really brought this game to another level.

Rocket Rescue Rocket Rescue

Superb

excellent execution. good job on...everything!